Star of summer starters, the traditional tomato-mozzarella-basil can also be eaten in ice cream. To discover and make discover as a starter of the meal with possibly a few drops of olive oil.
Give your opinion on this website :
You do not have all these ingredients ? No problem. Forget the stabilizer if you do not have any at home. Replace simply dextrose, inverted sugar and powdered glucose by usual sugar (sucrose). The ice cream texture will not be perfect but you will still get a very good ice cream.
- Take a small amount of sucrose (60 g) and mix it with the stabilizer.
- Mix the basil leaves with the remaining sucrose (39 g).
- Mix the powdered, dextrose and salt.
- In a saucepan, pour milk and inverted sugar and stir with the whisk. Add the powdered milk and the cream and stir.
- Start heating the preparation at low heat and add immediately the mix of sucrose/basili and the mixe of powdered glucose/dextrose/salt. Stir constantly with a whisk.
- At 40 °C, add the sucrose/stabilizer mix.
- Continue to heat gently while stirring constantly with the whisk.
- When temperature reaches 85 °C, stop heating. Use the hand blender for a few seconds, taking care to hot liquid splashing risk.
- Immerse the container in a bath of ice water.
- Often control the preparation temperature stirring it with the kitchen thermometer. When the mix reaches approximatively 15 °C, add the mozzarella and mix with the hand blender.
- Wwrap the container and place it in the refrigerator.
- Put tomatoes in the refrigerator.
- Let maturate one night.
- The next day, peel tomatoes and mix them. Filter tomato mix with a strainer to remove small seeds.
- Add to the mixture made the day before and mix well with a hand blender. - Pour your mix in the ice-maker to start creaming phase.