Here is a great ice cream classic with a flavor appreciated by all. Ideal to end a good meal.
No particular difficulty in making this ice cream as we are going to start with an egg ice cream.
And for those who use the free online balancing tool from Ice Ice Daddy .Com, do not be surprised to find that the PAC/serving temperature value in this recipe is a little lower. Simply because the addition of grapes, even if they are drained, will bring a small quantity of additional alcohol to the mix. So it is necessary to compensate the recipe.
Give your opinion on iceicedaddy :
You do not have all these ingredients ? No problem. Replace simply powdered glucose by usual sugar (sucrose) and reduce the amount of rhum (32 g only). The ice cream texture will not be perfect but you will still get a very good ice cream which will be a little sweeter with a slightly less pronounced rum flavor.
- Soak the raisins in rum. All raisins must be covered by the rum.
- In a saucepan, pour milk, cream and stir with the whisk. Add the powdered milk and stir.
- Start heating the preparation at low heat and add immediately the powdered glucose. Stir constantly with a whisk.
- Stop heating when the milk is hot but not boiling (around 70 °C).
- In another container, mix the egg yolks and the sucrose.
- Take a small quantity of hot milk (two to three ladles) and incorporate it into the eggs.
- Pour the egg / sugar / milk mixture into the saucepan.
- Start heating slowly, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, making "8" moves.
- At 84 °C, remove the pan from the heat and continue to mix until the mixture reaches the temperature of 85 °C.
- When the temperature of 85 °C is reached, pour the preparation into another container.
- Use the hand blender for a few seconds, taking care to hot liquid splashing risk. Immerse the container in a bath of ice water.
- Often control the preparation temperature stirring it with the kitchen thermometer. When the mix reaches approximatively 15 °C, wrap the container and place it in the refrigerator with the bottle of rum.
- Let maturate one night.
- The next day, mix with the hand blender.
- Pour your mix in the ice cream maker to start creaming phase.
- Pour 45 g of rum in the ice cream maker as soon as it starts to run.
- Drain the raisins.
- When your ice cream is almost ready, gradually add the drained raisins to the preparation and let the ice cream maker run for 2 minutes.