Ice Ice Daddy .com being a website from Marseille in south of France, it was impossible not to make an ice-cream recipe dedicated to the best time of the day (aperitif) and our favorite drink (Pastis)!
You will get an ice cream with delicate flavors. The best thing to do is to taste it as a pre-aperitif before starting the real aperitif !!!
To make this ice cream, it is possible to use peanut butter sold in stores. But to have an healthier and more natural product, you will make your own peanut puree : it's very simple.
Buy unsalted shelled peanuts or even better, peanuts in their shell and mix them.
Give your opinion on this website :
You do not have all these ingredients ? No problem. Forget the stabilizer if you do not have any at home. Replace simply dextrose and powdered glucose by usual sugar (sucrose). The ice cream texture will not be perfect but you will still get a very good ice cream. Your ice cream will however be a little bit sweeter.
- Break the shells to extract the peanuts. Remove the brown skin surrounding the peanuts.
- Place the peanuts on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and roast for about 15 minutes in an oven at 150 °C until they have a light golden color.
- Leave to rest for a few moments and place the still hot peanuts in the blender.
- Mix until you obtain a smooth dough. If it is difficult for your blender, mix in several batches (30 seconds of mixing - 30 seconds of rest where you will stir the contents of the blender with a spoon).
- After three minutes of mixing, you should obtain a very smooth dough.
- Take a small quantity of sucrose (50 g) and mix it with the stabilizer.
- Mix together the remaining sucrose (38 g), powdered glucose, dextrose and salt.
- In a saucepan, pour water, milk and stir with the whisk. Add the powdered milk and stir.
- Start heating the preparation at low heat and add immediately the mix of sucrose/powdered glucose/dextrose/salt. Stir constantly with a whisk.
- At 40 °C, add the sucrose/stabilizer mix.
- Continue to heat gently while stirring constantly with the whisk.
- Prepare antoher container with 125 g of peanuts puree.
- When temperature reaches 85 °C, stop heating. Pour the preparation on peanuts puree. Mix well with a whisk to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Use the hand blender for a few seconds, taking care to hot liquid splashing risk.
- Immerse the container in a bath of ice water.
- Often control the preparation temperature stirring it with the kitchen thermometer. When the mix reaches approximatively 15 °C, wrap the container and place it in the refrigerator.
- Put the 50 g of pastis in the refrigerator. Normally, pastis should never be refrigerated, but this is an exception.
- Let maturate one night.
- The next day, mix with the hand blender.
- Pour your mix in the ice-maker to start creaming phase.
- Pour the pastis in the ice-maker as soon as it starts to turn.