If a mango sorbet will bring you a very pronounced taste of fruit, the advantages of a mango ice cream are a better smoothness and a much less significant feeling of cold. Ideal to enjoy in winter or spring.
Regarding mango, you can use fresh mango but it is not always easy to control its maturity. For convenience and to be sure to have a stable taste throughout the year, you can use frozen mango or mango puree that can be found in specialized stores.
An important point if you use mango puree. Sugar is usually added so you have to take this sugar intake into account and modify the recipe. For example, with a 90% fruit/10% sugar mango puree, you can use 333 g of this puree but you will only need to use 37 g of sucrose in the recipe.
Give your opinion on iceicedaddy :
You do not have all these ingredients ? No problem. Forget the stabilizer if you do not have any at home. Replace simply dextrose, inverted sugar and powdered glucose by usual sugar (sucrose). The ice cream texture will not be perfect but you will still get a very good ice cream.
- Take a small quantity of sucrose (60 g for example) and mix it with the stabilizer.
- Mix together the remaining sucrose (10 g), dextrose and powdered glucose.
- In a saucepan, pour water, inverted sugar, milk, cream and stir with the whisk. Add the powdered milk and stir. Start heating the preparation at low heat and add immediately the sucrose/dextrose/powdered glucose mix. Stir constantly with a whisk.
- At 40 °C, add the sucrose/stabilizer mix.
- Continue to heat gently while stirring constantly with the whisk.
- When temperature reaches 85 °C, stop heating. Pour the preparation into another container. Use the hand blender for a few seconds, taking care to hot liquid splashing risk. Immerse the container in a bath of ice water.
- Often control the preparation temperature stirring it with the kitchen thermometer. When the mix reaches approximatively 15 °C, wrap the container and place it in the refrigerator.
- Put in the refrigerator your mangos and entire lemon.
- Let maturate one night.
- The next day, prepare your mangos and mix them with the lemon juice.
- Add mangos to the mixture made the day before and mix well with a hand blender.
- Pour your mix in the ice-maker to start creaming phase.