The drip filtration of Jack Daniel's through a thick layer of maple charcoal followed by aging in oak barrels gives it an inimitable taste. With this recipe, Jack Daniel's will allow you to obtain a delicate ice cream with subtle flavors.
No particular difficulty in making this ice cream except the quantity of alcohol that will have to be controlled.
Ice Ice Daddy has indeed pushed the quantity of alcohol to the max. Except that with too much alcohol, the risk is that the mixture will not freeze and you will not obtain ice. You are advised to use 12DE maltodextrin from the SOSA brand. The SOSA brand is specialized in technical products for the kitchen. In addition, this maltodextrin is guaranteed GMO-free.
Give your opinion on iceicedaddy :
You do not have all these ingredients ? No problem. If you do not have stabilizer, do not use it.
On the other hand, if you do not have atomized glucose or maltodextrin, do as indicated below.
If you have atomized glucose but no maltodextrin, replace the maltodextrin with the atomized glucose and reduce the quantity of Jack Daniel's (65 g only).
If you do not have maltodextrin or atomized glucose, replace with normal sugar (sucrose) and reduce the quantity of Jack Daniel's (45 g only).
The texture of the ice cream will not be perfect but you will still have a very good ice cream which will be a little sweeter with a slightly less pronounced Jack Daniel's flavor.
- Take a small quantity of sucrose (50 g for example) and mix it with the stabilizer.
- Mix together the remaining sucrose (51 g), powdered glucose and maltodextrin.
- In a saucepan, pour milk, cream and stir with the whisk. Add the powdered milk and stir.
- Start heating the preparation at low heat and add immediately the sucrose/powdered glucose/maltodextrin mix. Stir constantly with a whisk.
- At 40 °C, add the sucrose/stabilizer mix.
- Continue to heat gently while stirring constantly with the whisk.
- When temperature reaches 85 °C, stop heating. Pour the preparation into another container. Use the hand blender for a few seconds, taking care to hot liquid splashing risk. Immerse the container in a bath of ice water.
- Often control the preparation temperature stirring it with the kitchen thermometer. When the mix reaches approximatively 15 °C, wrap the container and place it in the refrigerator.
- Put in the refrigerator the Jack Daniel's.
- Let maturate one night.
- The next day, mix with the hand blender.
- Pour your mix in the ice cream maker to start creaming phase.
- Pour 68 g of Jack Daniel's in the ice cream maker as soon as it starts to run.