Here is a lemon financier recipe. It is up to you to make it with lemon or to modify it with other ingredients: orange, pistachio, chocolate, raspberry. Everything is possible !
The name “financier” could come from the parisian pastry chef LASNE who brought this little cake up to date at the end of the 19th century by giving it the rectangular shape of a gold ingot. Its pastry shop being located near the Paris stock exchange, it was very frequented by "financiers" hence this new name.
For around 30 mini financiers
Give your opinion on iceicedaddy :
- Take the whites out of the refrigerator a few hours before.
- Melt the butter to make a brown butter. If you've never done one before, it's very easy and you will easily find several videos on the internet like this one .
- It is very important to transfer the butter to another container by filtering it in order to stop the cooking. Wait until your butter reaches around 35 °C.
- Mix the almond powder with the flour, icing sugar and lemon zest.
- Add the egg white and mix with a whisk.
- Add the butter in two or three times, mixing well each time with a whisk.
- Let the preparation cool for 2 hours in your fridge.
- Put the preparation in a pastry bag and fill the financier molds to about 3 mm from the edge.
- The cooking will depend on the size of your financiers. Bake in an oven preheated to 220 °C and immediately lower the temperature to 180 °C. For mini financiers of 5 cm by 2.5 cm, it will take 15 minutes of cooking. A little more for bigger financiers.
- Take out the financiers and wait 10 minutes before unmolding. They will keep for a few days in an airtight box.