You do not have all these ingredients ? No problem. Forget the stabilizer if you do not have any at home. Replace simply dextrose, inverted sugar and powdered glucose by usual sugar (sucrose). The ice cream texture will not be perfect but you will still get a very good ice cream.
Give your opinion on this website :
- Take a small quantity of sucrose (30 g for example) and mix it with the stabilizer and salt.
- Mix together the remaining sucrose (83 g), dextrose and powdered glucose.
- In a saucepan, pour water and the powdered milk and stir. Start heating the preparation at low heat and add immediately the sucrose/dextrose/powdered glucose mix. Stir constantly with a whisk.
- At 40 °C, add the sucrose/stabilizer/salt mix.
- Continue to heat gently while stirring constantly with the whisk.
- When temperature reaches 85 °C, stop heating. Pour the preparation into another container. Use the hand blender for a few seconds, taking care to hot liquid splashing risk. Immerse the container in a bath of ice water.
- Often control the preparation temperature stirring it with the kitchen thermometer. When the mix reaches approximatively 15 °C, add the foie gras and mix with an hand blender.
- Wrap the container. Place it in the refrigerator with the bottle of sweet wine and let maturate one night.
- The next day, homogenize your mix with the hand blender.
- Add sweet wine (10 g) and mix.
- Pour your mix in the ice-maker to start creaming phase.