It's strawberry season so here is a strawberry sorbet recipe. And to have a really strong fruit taste, we are going to make a sorbet rather than an ice cream.
You do not have all these ingredients ? No problem. Forget the stabilizer if you do not have any at home. Replace simply dextrose, inverted sugar and powdered glucose by usual sugar (sucrose). The ice cream texture will not be perfect but you will still get a very good sorbet.
Give your opinion on this website :
- Take a small quantity of sucrose (40 g for example) and mix it with the stabilizer.
- Mix together the remaining sucrose (80 g), dextrose and powdered glucose.
- In a saucepan, pour water and inverted sugar and mix it. Start heating the preparation at low heat and add immediately the sucrose/dextrose/powdered glucose mix. Stir constantly with a whisk.
- At 40 °C, add the sucrose/stabilizer mix.
- Continue to heat gently while stirring constantly with the whisk.
- When temperature reaches 85 °C, stop heating. Pour the preparation into another container and immerse it in a bath of ice water.
- Often control the preparation temperature stirring it with the kitchen thermometer. When the mix reaches approximatively 15 °C, add strawberries mixed with lemon juice. Mix well with a hand blender.
- Wrap the container and place it in the refrigerator.
- Let maturate one night.
- The next day, mix well with a hand blender.
- Pour your mix in the ice-maker to start creaming phase.