The combination of caramel and salted butter is simply excellent. So, why not use it in an ice cream to be enjoyed without moderation !!!
In terms of achievement, nothing very complicated. The first step will be to make the caramel sauce. Once this sauce is ready, we can start the preparation of the ice cream in the usual way.
Give your opinion on iceicedaddy :
You do not have all these ingredients ? No problem. Forget the stabilizer if you do not have any at home. Replace simply dextrose and powdered glucose by usual sugar (sucrose). The ice cream texture will not be perfect but you will still get a very good ice cream.
- Pour part of the sucrose (128 g) in a saucepan and heat to make the dry caramel.
- During this time, heat the cream.
- When the sugar begins to melt, rotate the saucepan around so that the sugar melts evenly.
- When the caramel has a nice color (neither too light nor too dark), remove the pan from the heat and add the cream. Mix well then add the butter cut into pieces then the salt.
- Do not hesitate to heat the mixture in order to dissolve any pieces of caramel that might have appeared.
- Take the remaining sucrose (30 g) and mix it with the stabilizer.
- Mix together dextrose and powdered glucose.
- In the saucepan containing the caramel sauce, add full fat milk. Add the powdered milk and mix.
- Start heating the preparation at low heat and add immediately the dextrose/powdered glucose mix. Stir constantly with a whisk.
- At 40 °C, add the sucrose/stabilizer mix.
- Continue to heat gently while stirring constantly with the whisk.
- When temperature reaches 85 °C, stop heating. Pour the preparation into another container. Use the hand blender for a few seconds, taking care to hot liquid splashing risk.
- Immerse the container in a bath of ice water.
- Often control the preparation temperature stirring it with the kitchen thermometer. When the mix reaches approximatively 15 °C, wrap the container and place it in the refrigerator.
- Let maturate one night.
- The next day, mix well with a hand blender.
- Pour your mix in the ice-maker to start creaming phase.